Help us to help Ukraine - Ukraine needs our support!
Updated: Mar 6, 2022
As a small boy, my family & I had to flee from Angola during the war. I couldn’t understand why we had to run away, why we had to hide, why we got shot at & why we had no food. My parents made sure we got to safety with the help of our Angolan friends who hid & protected us at great risk to their own lives. I still remember being relieved to be given a stale piece of bread - I was staving & frightened! No matter what circumstance, war is something no one should have to experience.
It's hard to put into words my shock, horror & sadness about what is happening to the people of Ukraine at this scary time. As a father now myself it is hard to understand how something like this can be happening in 2022! My wife Eleanor recently came across a local support group - "Norfolk Supports Ukraine UK", they are doing amazing work collecting essential items to send to Ukraine and we would love to help them!
Perhaps you would love to help but are not sure how?
Maybe you don’t have much free time to help but you do have some cash you can spare?
If you can relate to this, please keep reading to find out how you can help us to help Ukraine…
We have been talking with Emma Tipple - the Norfolk Coordinator for Support Ukraine UK to see how we can best support their efforts.
To make the logistics and coordination and storage of items more straightforward for the Norfolk Team (Emma's house has been bursting with storing donations) we are fundraising to collect money that will allow us to purchase the required items in bulk. Next, we will have them delivered directly to the Sprowston Town Council who have kindly agreed to collect deliveries
Many people across Norfolk have been so generous but Support Ukraine Norfolk are short on donations of key items. Please see a list of items required, depending on how much money we are able to raise will depend on which items we can purchase.
Check out the list of items we have been asked to purchase:
We are going to kick off the fund by putting in £200 pounds to start! Can you help us by donating now?
Here are the ways you can donate:
Please donate by Wednesday 9th March to allow time for items to be purchased & shipped ready for the 3rd Lorry Collection.
1. Via our dedicated Charity PayPal Account - Our preferred method
(If you don’t have a PayPal account please message us on 0780 644 1856 and tell us your email address and the amount you would like to donate and we will send you an invoice via PayPal and no account is required)
· Go to PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/
· Transfer the amount you would like to donate (Selecting “Friends & Family) using the email address: email@example.com
· IMPORTANT: Please write “Help Ukraine” when sending your donation
2. Donate your chosen amount by Purchasing through our online shop below!
Would you prefer to buy and pack items yourself?
Please follow the guidelines:
· Pack items in boxes with a list attached stating the items that are inside the box
· If possible deliver bags/boxes separated by items (E.g. All plasters, all wipes, all toothpaste etc
· IMPORTANT: Please only send items that are on the list. Ukraine UK, have received items that cannot be sent such as Can, glass/jars, clothing, toys, makeup, no prescription medicine, no tins, no clothes unless on the list
· Add little message little cards.. talisman.. small teddies... make a blue and yellow bracelet.
List of Drop of Locations
1. Sprowston Town Council Monday to Friday between 08:30-16:30
Council Office Sprowston, Recreation Ground Road, Norwich, NR7 8EW
2. Hays Travel, Tesco Extra, Blue Boar Lane, Norwich, NR7 8AB
3. Morrisons Old Catton: 100 The Paddocks, Norwich NR6 7HS
4. The Swan Hotel, 19 The Thoroughfare, Harleston IP20 9AS
5. Cross Keys: The Street, Dilham NR28 9PS to the list
6. Sparhawk Infant School: Sparhawk Ave, Norwich NR7 8BU
7. Morrisons Riverside: 4 Albion Way, Norwich NR11WR
8. The Amnesty Bookshop: 82 St Benedicts Street -
Monday to Saturday 10 - 5, Sunday 11 – 3
9. Cawston Parish Church: Church Lane, Cawston, NR10 4AJ
10. Cathedral of St John the Baptist: Unthank Road
If you are unable to help by Donating then please help us spread the word by sharing this post!
Thank you so much for your support! Take care,
Eleanor & Jorge