It’s a time of significant change and upheaval for us all, so we wanted to give you an update from Team Jorge.
For the time being, we intend to keep Jorge’s Restaurant open, although we know the situation is fast-moving and we may need to revise that decision.
It’s been fantastic that so many customers are continuing to come and dine here, and you can rest assured that we’re doing everything in our power to keep them protected.
Our hygiene here has always been exemplary, but we’ve stepped up cleaning, handwashing and all other newly recommended safety precautions as directed by the Government.
Here are the other measures we’ve put in place:
1. Limited reservations to allow a 1m gap between tables.
2. We advise you to wash your hands upon arrival and when leaving Jorge’s. We also have high stability silver available to sanitize your hands on arrival.
3. We regularly sanitise all door handles at the restaurant, throughout the day.
4. From tomorrow we will have single-use disposable menus that can be immediately recycled.
5. We’re asking customers to pay by card instead of cash, if they are able to.
6. If our situation changes and we need to close, we’ll be in contact with everyone whose made a reservation.
Our staff are all fully trained and briefed on how to limit customer contact, and nobody will be working here if they’ve displayed symptoms or share a household with someone who has shown symptoms.
So, when you book in for lunch or dinner, you can simply sit back and enjoy fantastic food in a safe and comforting atmosphere – and escape the news and hubbub for a while.
Let our food transport you to your happy place.
Launching soon – Jorge’s To Go!
One thing you don’t need to worry about is missing out on your fix of Jorge’s Restaurant goodness.
We’re about to launch a new takeaway service to ensure Norwich remains well-fed.
Simply sign up here and you’ll go on our takeaway mailing list - and have the chance to win your first Jorge’s To Go takeout for free!
We’ll soon be announcing the full takeaway menu, and you can rest assured that it’s going to feature plenty of tapas and chargrill treats to brighten your day. Stay tuned, we’ll soon be in touch with all the details.
Finally, we just wanted to send our love and best wishes to our customers and neighbours.
What’s happening is tough, but we’re a strong community full of kindness and compassion, and we’ll get through this together.
See you soon,
Eleanor & Jorge